No More Wasted Time Googling

"Best Employment Solicitors Near Me"


Employment law regulates the relationship between employers and employees. It governs what employers can expect from employees, employers can ask employees to do and employees’ rights at work.

Employment law is a considerably large area of the legal system and covers a whole host of topics.

Common areas of employment law that an employment solicitor would cover :

  • employment contracts
  • grievance procedures
  • disciplinary procedures
  • maternity and paternity leave
  • different types of discrimination
  • equality and diversity in the workplace
  • reasonable adjustments for employees with disabilities
  • unfair dismissal
  • the redundancy process
  • equal pay
  • holiday entitlement and pay
  • working hours

Mishoura can connect you with specialist employment solicitors who are available to advise and guide you through the extensive areas that employment law touches.


Employment Law Solicitors help people working in a wide range of sectors, including:

  • Financial services and banking
  • Healthcare and medicine
  • Professional services
  • Legal services
  • Law enforcement agencies, including the police
  • Ministry of Defence, armed forces and associated personnel
  • Education
  • Public sector, civil service, and national and local government
  • Energy and utilities.

If an employment dispute did arise, you would need help and advice from an employment law specialist who understands all aspects of this complex area of law. In most cases, after your initial employment lawyer consultation, you can get a quick and satisfactory resolution with the assistance of your chosen employment law firm.

We can put you in touch with pre-vetted, expert employment law solicitors who will advise you on the best course of action to resolve your dispute as quickly as possible and help you achieve a positive outcome.


We need to update our employment contracts – who would I need to speak to?

A firm of employment law solicitors would be able to help you with everything to do with employment contracts, ensuring that you are within the law when it comes to employing staff in the UK.

I am having problems with one of my staff members – what sort of Solicitor should I contact?

That depends on what the problem is with your member of staff. If they are subject to a disciplinary procedure, then an employment tribunal solicitor would be able to help you. If there is a  workplace discrimination problem, then an employment discrimination lawyer should be your first port of call.

One of my employees is being bullied by another member of my staff – who should I contact for advice?

If one of your employees is being bullied or harassed at work, your employment solicitors can advise you on their rights and what you, as their employer, should do. Whether you need guidance on the grievance process or advice on how your employee can make a discrimination claim, they will have the expertise and experience to help you.

Employers have a duty of care and should be responsible for preventing bullying and harassment in the workplace and should have policies in place to protect employees. If you’ve received a a complaint about bullying or harassment, then as an employer, you should investigate promptly and objectively.

  • Discrimination
  • Harassment
  • Unfair dismissal
  • Wrongful dismissal
  • Constructive dismissal.

Firms of employment lawyers can help professionals and senior executives in a wide range of bullying and harassment cases, including at employment tribunals. No business is too big for them to take on.

They will have experience across a range of sectors, including financial services, education, medical and legal services. They will use their industry-specific insight to support you case and give you the best advice as an employer.

How easy is it for me, as an employer, to dismiss a staff member for poor performance?

If an employee is not performing well at work then you are entitled to dismiss them.

An essential ingredient required to make such a dismissal fair, however, is to follow a proper dismissal process. As an employer you would need to have a good reason to dismiss a member of staff on performance grounds, but if you fail to carry out a fair procedure, your employee may have a claim for unfair dismissal.

Under the ACAS Code of Practice, if you as an  employer have  concerns about the  performance of a member of staff, then you should inform the employee of your concerns and give them the opportunity to improve, as well as provide support and assistance in allowing them to do so. An employee should be provided with a number of warnings (usually, verbal, followed by one written and one final).

If there are objectives to be set, these need to be made clear to the employee and they should not be unachievable.

If a performance programme is coupled with disciplinary proceedings where they could be dismissed, then they should be informed in writing of this in advance.

Does a Contract of Employment have to be in writing?

A contract of employment does not need to be in writing. It can be verbal or written.

An employee or worker is, however, entitled at the very least to a “written statement of particulars” of the terms of employment from the first working day.

The written statement of particulars is not a contract as such but sets out the essential elements of a person’s employment (and so can still be legally binding.

The core particulars which need to be included are:

  • Job title;
  • Commencement of employment;
  • Pay;
  • Specific days and hours of work (and if variable, sufficient details of how hours may vary);
  • Holidays;
  • Place of work;
  • Details of all benefits;
  • Details of any probationary period;
  • Details of any training that is being provided.

A written statement does not need to include the following (although it does need to state where these can be found);

  • Sick pay and procedures;
  • Disciplinary process;
  • Grievance procedure.

If no written statement of particulars has been provided the employee may apply to the Employment Tribunal who will determine what those particulars should be.

What can I do if my employee has breached a term of their contract?

If you can show your employee has breached a term of their contract, you may be able to bring a claim against them and also terminate their employment with you.

In most cases, employers and employees are expected to try and resolve workplace disputes informally as soon as they arise.

Join Our Mailing List

Receive the latest news and updates from our experts.

Your questions answered.

We have put together some frequently asked questions to give you more information on our services and how we can help you.

You agree to receive email communication from us by submitting this form and understand that your contact information will be stored with us.